New Blog Posts:

Friday, August 24, 2007

Memory Walk 2007


With aging parents, one diagnosed with early Altzheimer's disease, this cause is near and dear to my heart. The Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk is a nationwide event to raise awareness and funds for Altzheimer care, support and research. The event has raised over $225 million since its inception in 1989 and still the need increases and support needed every year.

This is a nationwide event and communities across the country will be participating. It is serendipitous that I hear about this event soon after I signed up for the walking club at work. The girls and I have participated in several 3K and 5K walks in the past and have always found it very rewarding. There are already two teams in my area that I can join. All you have to do, if you'd like to join a walking team is to go on their website and enter your state or area code to find out if there is a team near you.

OR, even better, if you are interested and are willing to be Team Captain, you can start forming your own team. The website is a great resource for setting up a team even if you've never done it before. As an added incentive, every participant who raises $500 for the walk will be eligible to win a Las Vegas vacation package.

I think this may be an event that I will bring up on the next walker's club meeting at work. I think we can form our own team and walk for this worthy cause and add an added purpose to our walking club. We will not only be walking for our own health, we will also be walking for a good cause.

Join or form a team in your area for this important cause.


No comments: