New Blog Posts:

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Do you know who your friends are?

A friend told me, "I'd better go, I need to watch my soaps". I'm like OK, if you need to, but your freakin' life already reads like a darn soap opera! Yeah, I was being mean, but I just got kind of irritated. It bothers me to see people being disloyal. I think loyalty is a trait often overlook and taken for granted. But when times are tough, it's really good to have someone who's got your back. "Through sick and sin" as the YaYa sisterhood would say. It's disheartening to me to find out that those who you think of as friends are sometimes the ones who find amusement in your misfortune. Just sad, really.

1 comment:

Jet said...

hay naku JMom, I can't even begin to tell you how much I've been pondering friendship lately. I never that at this point in my life, at this age, I would still have that on my plate. I've dreamed of friendships wizened with age and familiarity. no such luck, I'm afraid.