New Blog Posts:

Monday, August 06, 2007

Happy Mondays and other inanities

Happy Monday!! Although I am at work today, there are several things to be happy about. First off, I actually got to work on time this morning! It also helps that this week, I plan on only working for two days, today and tomorrow, and taking the rest of the week off! Culminating with Friday when I take off to go get the girls from grandma's house.

I'm also feeling good because I finally got the nerve up to buy my own hosting service and domain even though I really don't know what I'm doing and I spent a great deal staring at the host server's dashboard not having any idea what all those files and things are.

Now you all know how much I love Blogger. It has really served me well the three years that I have taken advantage of their service. I just felt that it's time for me to join the bandwagon and get my own space on the internet rather than just squatting about. I won't be deleting my blogger blogs though, I think I will leave them up until Blogger decides to kick me out. I may even go back once in a while and dawdle here and there just for the heck of it. I don't know what I'll be doing, but I'll come up with something, I'm sure.

I didn't want to practice on this blog or my food blog so I thought I would first transfer the online newsletter that I manage for our tribal community. One, it's the youngest of my blogs with the fewest post so if anything happens like if I royally mess up and explode the thing, it would be easy enough to re-create (thank goodness to gmail back up of blogger posts, eh? - I'm going to miss that feature).

I'm rather proud of myself that I actually migrated the blog to it's own domain successfully! Here, check out the site if you're interested: http://saguntostar.com. And I only lost a few comments! Pretty good, huh? That's what I worked on all weekend, so apologies to my usual blog hopping haunts for not visiting. This is what took all of my time on the computer for the past week.

3 comments:

Joan said...

A+ for you. I glanced at it and it looks good.

MrsPartyGirl said...

congrats on your new domain sis :D looking forward to reading more of your stories in your new "home". i'm sure your entire family is so proud of this project of yours. :)

J said...

Hi there!

I stumbled upon your blog. Surely enjoyed reading your posts. Keep it up!

Juliana