New Blog Posts:

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

All Bloggers Must Play with Templates

I love Blogger because it is so easy to play with the templates. I customized this template, for instance, from an existing Blogger template. This was one of my first attempts at 'hacking' a template and I'm quite proud of myself, if I do say so myself.

WordPress Themes, as their templates are called, are a little harder to modify especially if you're used to Blogger. They just lay their stuff out differently and use something called codex rather than straight html for their themes. I sound like I know what I'm talking about don't I? Well, just say yes to make me feel better even if you can tell that I'm a total idiot when it comes to this stuff. That is why I depend on reading other websites to tell me things I didn't know. My new find is a site that will tell you how to download WordPress on your hard drive so that you can test your themes without showing the whole internet how much you suck at designing templates.

No comments: