New Blog Posts:

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mystery Solved

At my job, strange things usually end up on my desk and if I don't know what they are, I usually just set them aside until I figure out what to do with them. Now the longest one of these, and I still have it in my back drawer, is a Cat5e patch cable. I keep meaning to ask our IT guy about it and see if he can use it, but I always end up forgetting about it.

Anyway, I was surfing the net one day (what would we do without the internet!), I found out this Cat5 cable is used for networking computers and peripherals. Example, you can use if for network adapters, hubs, switches, routers, DSL/cable modems, patch panels and other applications. What do you know! Now I can finally give this thing to the IT guy. I don't need it.

No comments: