New Blog Posts:

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Do I really just need to go back to school?

It wasn't long after I started working that I noticed the difference in pay between men and women. Funny how I always end up in industries that are dominated by men, but I guess that's not as hard to imagine as one would like to think. It has happened more times than I care to count where men who were performing the exact same job as I would get the promotion first or would get a higher raise (as I usually found out later).

So I find it insulting to hear Mr. McCain dismiss the equal pay legislation just because he thinks women just need to get as educated as the men. He claims this type of legislation just leads to more lawsuits. WTF?

Anyone woman who has been bypassed for a raise or promotion in favor of a man will more than likely just as educated and qualified if not more so.

No comments: