New Blog Posts:

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Share the Summer Fun

Once you get over the anxiety of sending your kids off to summer vacation on their own (see previous post), you can start planning on the fun aspects of a summer vacation. Not being with your kids, like we will be, you'd still want to keep up with what they will be doing without you. I've already coached my girls to take lots of photos so mom and dad can see what they did.

I've done this before, and I think we'll do it again this year. Always at the end of a vacation with my family, we've had photo cards made to commemorate that year's vacation. Photo Cards are highly customizable and can be used in a variety of ways. For instance, soon after we get back home, we send thank you cards to our summer hosts, with a memorable image to remind them how much we enjoyed our time with them. You can have custom messages printed inside the cards, or you can leave them blank. It's your choice. I personally like to write my own personal messages inside so I like to leave them blank.

When we're in the midst of winter and we are enveloped in thick coats, I like to use our summer vacation pictures, when we were tanned and wearing less, as Christmas cards. Yes! They make perfect Christmas card images to send to family and friends and this time Yes to the customized message either on the front of the cards or inside. What makes sending summer images for Christmas even special is that it reminds everyone the great time over the past summer and makes them look forward to the next, making winter not seem so bleak after all.

No comments: