New Blog Posts:

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Vision Plans


We just had to renew our insurance plans and this year, I opted out of the vision plan. The vision plan that I was signed up for cost $29 a month for our family of 5, of which only two have to wear glasses. I computed what I paid into the plan and what we ended up spending on check up and glasses last year and figured that I could save more money by saving the money I would pay into the plan and just use a resource like zennioptical.com to shop for eyeglasses.

For the cost of one months insurance premium, I can buy a very stylish glasses. They have a huge selection of eye glasses and a wide range of prices which dips all the way to $8.00 for a pair! All you have to do is get a prescription from an optometrist, which can cost quite a lot less than what you would pay for a year's worth on the vision plan, send them your script and they will have your glasses made with the frame of your choice in no time!

They promise to ship your order within two weeks, and lastly, they will guarantee a 50% refund of the cost of your glasses plus shipping should you be unhappy with what you got. Sounds like a great deal to me.

No comments: