New Blog Posts:

Monday, September 22, 2008

Another Blog Update

WHAT WE'VE COOKED UP:
Fried Okra
Fried Okra Recipe
- Just because sometimes I get tired of fried chicken. Surprisingly, these fried okra made for a very good meat substitute and I ended up eating 'vegetarian' the night that I made these.


EclairsEclairs for Daring Bakers. I had a little mishap so it didn't quite turn out the way it should have, but they still tasted delicious! I have since done this recipe again (will blog about it soon) and it was a success!

IN OUR GARDEN:
Opo FlowerI am so behind (about 3 months to be exact) posting garden updates. It's almost fall again and I haven't even posted any summer photos of our garden. So I'll have some catching up to do, but at least the photos (at least some of them) have been uploaded to photobucket.

FOUND NOT LOST:
I've been reading a lot this summer, I'm happy to say. Check out my reading list so far:

Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4)
DAWN
Milkweed (Readers Circle)
House of Sand and Fog (Oprah’s Book Club) (Vintage Contemporaries)
The Kite Runner
Persuasion by Jane Austen
The World According to Garp Revisited
Night by Elie Wiesel
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Teacher Man by Frank McCourt

2 comments:

Ate Sienna said...

the Kiterunner made me sad. pero gandang-ganda ako sa libro. i read twilight pero hindi na ako masyadong ganadong sundan pa. siguro i was expecting "anne rice" when i shouldn't.

Anonymous said...

hi Gigi! oo nga, Kiterunner was a tragic story, but oh so familiar to me for some reason.

Ah true, talagang walang compare kung Anne Rice ang nasa expectations mo. hehe! pang teenagers naman kasi yung Twilight eh.