New Blog Posts:

Sunday, February 15, 2009

We've Cooked Up a Turkey

Chili & Cornbread

Well, we didn't cook up a turkey really, but we did make some turkey chili and cornbread casserole with jalapenos which were a perfect way to warm up during these cold nights. This was the first time I've tried turkey for chili and I liked it because it was definitely lesser in fat than the beef version. However, my girls swear that the car lifts off the ground from the gas. lol! I don't care what they say, I didn't notice a significant change and it was delicious to me. :)

By the way, the cornbread was incredible. That one, we all agreed on. I put a whole jalapeno that has been diced into the mixture but it wasn't spicy at all. What you got was the aroma of jalapeno which was a nice change to the usual cornbread.

No comments: