New Blog Posts:

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Graceful Aging

As much as I hate to admit it, I am getting OLD. Yes, I said the dirty word among forty-somethingers. It seemed to have come on me suddenly. The changes had never been more obvious as they have been this year. Yes, I notice my face changing, new wrinkles have settled in and more gray hairs have popped up. Conversation among my friends have gone from breast feeding and diaper changes to anti-wrinkle creams and hair dyes. Some have even ventured into investigating human growth hormone facts. Well I haven't gotten that far yet.

I still appreciate the adage about aging gracefully and loving the stage that I am in, no matter the decade. And actually, 40's isn't that bad and it even has certain advantages. For one, I now have more time for myself. Good thing too as I've never had time for a beauty regime before. Now I can take time to slather on lotions and what nots every night and I'm thinking I'll finally have some time to put in some exercise too. We'll see...

No comments: