New Blog Posts:

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Do I Still Want to be JMom?

When my daughter got me started blogging, I didn't really put a lot of thought into my screen name. We didn't really put a lot of thought in naming this blog either. I'm sure you couldn't tell.

At the time though, it didn't matter much that I had such an unoriginal screen name. JMom. But now that everyone's mother is on the internet, it seems the moniker JMom has gotten very popular. JMom, I found out can be J for Japanese Mom or J for Jewish Mom and many other permutations. So I'm thinking it's time to give up JMom.

But how do I do that? I want a name that reflects who I am and my online persona. I wouldn't want a name like Tiramisu or Paprika or Lipofuze or bookworm or Colgate or Listerine. I know, I cook and I review products but I wouldn't want to take on any of those names.

I actually have started using my own name on some of my newer accounts. It's Jeanette, by the way, if you didn't know. However, it's still so plain. I was thinking of something more creative with words like 'domestic', 'diva', 'mistress', 'sexy' or something like that. But I'm having a hard time coming up with a name I like! Besides a lot of my friends already know me a JMom and even after learning my real name, they still refer to me as JMom. So you got any ideas? I don't know if I want to still be JMom.

No comments: