New Blog Posts:

Saturday, November 17, 2007

4th Grade Field Trip

I went with my daughter's class on a field trip to Hanging Rock, NC yesterday. It was great. The view of the autumn colors was spectacular! It's about a two and a half hour drive from where we are so we rode a charter bus.

Now riding a charter bus with a bunch of fourth graders is a totally different experience. It makes me appreciate teachers even more and affirms my decision to not to go into teaching. I don't know how these teachers do it! Some of these kids, and I do love children, are awful! One particular boy was so rude to one of the teachers that she was almost in tears. This little turd actually told the teacher that if she doesn't respect him, why should he respect her? Hmmmm....now when did it happen that a teacher has to first give respect to her students to be respected? I thought it went the other way around. Or am I too old school?

The Clone and I were getting head aches from the defeaning noise in the bus. No one was listening to the teachers!

No comments: