New Blog Posts:

Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Key Ingredient

If you love food as much as I do, I'm sure you too are a sucker for food blogs and recipe sites. Even before the internet, I have been collecting cookbooks and subscribing to those monthly recipe cards. I participated in any chain letter events involving food (remember those?). That's why when the internet came on, that was the first thing I was online for, recipes! I can't ever have enough recipes. I think I have accounts at every food network there is. I love them all!

Now here's another food site where you can look though recipes and share recipes with other food lovers. The site highlights Key Ingredients and provides you with a variety of recipes using the featured ingredient. The Easy Recipes are all contributed by other cooks and so you know that they have been tested.

I kind of like their little widgets that shows your recipe in a format reminiscent of the old time recipe cards that you kept in a little box. Here is a sample of how the recipe widget looks. I've posted my wonton and vegetable soup recipe that I referred to in the Home Made Potstickers recipe earlier.

Wonton & Vegetable Soup

Home made chicken potstickers made into a wonton and veggie ...

See Wonton & Vegetable Soup on Key Ingredient.



Right now, the featured key ingredient on the site is eggs. You can go all Bubba like in Forest Gump only with eggs instead of shrimps. There's egg sandwich, egg salad, egg noodles, egg cookies, deviled eggs, stuffed eggs, and on and on... Go on over there and check it out!

No comments: