New Blog Posts:

Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Health Care Reform's a Comin'

I watched Nightline last night because I like that show and the president happened to be on talking about health care. If you hadn't already heard, health care reform has been a hot media topic lately. The president promises sweeping health care reform before the year is up.

I hope so. It's one of the issues closest to me because I have growing three kids and my husband and I aren't getting any younger. We need more and more visits to the doctor or to the dentist and everytime we go, even with insurance, we end up forking over more money that we really can't afford. Two of my daughters, for instance, have needed braces since they were in elementary school. They are now in high school and I can't afford to get them their braces still. Sure there are many ads out there for the Smile Doctor, the Frisco Dentist and others who claim to maintain your teeth at an affordable price. But 'affordable' is always relative. What they think is affordable isn't always affordable for me.

So yeah, I'm really looking forward to see how this health care reform pans out as I know a lot of people who are in the same boat as I am are also watching.

No comments: