New Blog Posts:

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The New Norm

Last night is quickly becoming the norm in our house. The husband and I were left to ourselves and we didn't quite know what to do about it. Jade had gone out with her friends straight from school and was spending the night out too. Asi had gone to visit her friend and was out for the night. My youngest, Mara, went to sleep early, exhausted from school. So by the time I got home at seven, the house was eerily quiet, clean and smelling good. My husband has gone through his pre-weekend cleaning spree, the girls were not home to mess up the kitchen and their usual bickering and teasing was strangely missing.

I missed the cacophony. Will I feel this way when they are permanently gone from the house? I wonder. It won't be long before they go off to college and we'll be left with an empty house. The thought of having an empty house is a bit depressing. I just hope I won't be like those people you hear about who either go through some kind of mid life crisis or have need for depression treatments when faced with an empty nest.

It could be just my mood today though...

No comments: