New Blog Posts:

Saturday, October 09, 2010

Blogrolling.com Troubles

The thing about staying away from your blogs for a while is you don't always notice the problems when they crop up. Last week, my daughter was looking for some vacation photos so I sent here here to follow the link on the sidebar. That was when we discovered that when you open this blog, you get an 'unsafe site' message! That means that the few visitors we had left were now being turned away by that message.

Apparently, the blogrolling.com blogroll on the sidebar was causing the problem. I'm not tech savvy enough to know how it could have caused the problem, but the only solution I could find was to remove the widget. So now my whole blogroll is gone, along with links to shopping sites, furniture stores, jacuzzi tubs, kitchen gadgets and book reviews. Well, that was a good way to get me to take notice of this blog again anyway.

So if you were on my blogroll, don't worry. I will try to do some housecleaning and reconstruct the list. I'll probably go through all the links though and see which ones are still around. That blogroll was six years old so there were many dead links on it anyway. So if you're still around, you'll probably get a visit from me soon! See you around!

No comments: