New Blog Posts:

Friday, November 05, 2010

3 Tips for a Simple and Stress Free Holidays

I received these tips via email and I thought they are worth sharing. These helpful tips are from Libby's Table.

Three Tips for a Simple, Stress-Free Holiday Season

Skip the Lines, Shop Online!
I heartily agree with this tip. I think this is the first year that I will be doing most of my gift shopping online. I think if I can order my groceries online, I would! But that's another matter.

Keep the Classics
During the holidays you might feel the pressure to be a gourmet chef. No need! This is the time when you should focus on sharing memorable times, so comfort food is the way to go. Stick to easy, hearty recipe ideas everyone will love, such as winter minestrone and turkey tetrazzini! - absolutely! Although totally against what I've done in the past, believe me when I say that the Holidays is not the time to experiment.

Don't Party Every Night
Between office parties and family gatherings, kids' play dates and community events, your family holiday festivities will start to add up quickly. Sit down as a family and prioritize the parties everyone is looking forward to most, and don't stress about the remaining ones. - don't feel like you have to attend every party you're invited to. You don't have to be a total recluse either like someone I know who sits in front of the tv all day and night watching Mesothelioma commercials.


DO YOU HAVE A TIP FOR STAYING STRESS FREE OVER THE HOLIDAYS?
Share your own holiday tips on the Libby's Facebook page!

AND If you're looking for a way to give back this holiday season, please join or donate to the Libby's and Feeding America Virtual Canned Food Drive! Every $5 donated equals 35 meals. Join or donate today!

No comments: